Have more questions? Contact us!
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part. READ MORE…
Download PDF here… FBMW1020
Thank-you for choosing Billy Boat Performance Exhaust for your BMW. The Billy Boat exhaust system is a high-performance, emissions compliant muffler system that requires special installation care. Since the factory exhaust system is a one-piece design it is necessary to “cut-and-clamp” when installing the B&B system. It is recommended that a professional exhaust technician perform the installation.
1. Disconnect the battery negative terminal for safety and to reset the vehicle’s on-board computer.
2. Secure the vehicle on a wheel lift.
3. Measure 5-inches from the boss on the differential behind the resonator and mark with a scribe or permanent marker. Remember, it’s always better to leave it long and trim as necessary.
4. Cut straight across the pipes until completely through. Remove burrs from the remaining resonator pipes.
5. Unbolt the rear muffler hangers from the chassis and remove with the muffler still attached.
6. Transfer the hangers off the original muffler to the new Billy Boat Exhaust. Notice that the hangers are adjustable. Use the center setting to get started and adjust as necessary after installed.
7. Using the provided stainless steel band clamps, slip the inlet-end of the Billy Boat Exhaust muffler over the remaining resonator pipes. The fit may be tight, as it should be.
8. Once the muffler and tips are aligned tighten the stainless steel clamp. While not absolutely necessary, it is recommended to spot-weld the joint of the Billy Boat Exhaust and the factory resonator pipes to prevent slippage.
9. It is normal for stainless steel to discolor slightly. To ensure a quality, lasting finish, thoroughly wipe down the entire Billy Boat Exhaust prior to starting.
10. Reconnect the battery negative terminal and start the vehicle. Listen for exhaust leaks and ensure there is no contact between the Billy Boat Exhaust system and any component of the vehicle.
SAFETY: Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the installation.
VEHICLE SUPPORT WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds. We recommend the use of a shop hoist if possible. Please use caution!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF LIABILITY: While we provide information for do-it-yourself installation of exhaust systems and related items, these operations are not without risk. Injury may occur during an installation or exhaust systems and their components may be damaged in the process. We are not responsible or liable for damages that may be sustained to persons or property during an installation. For this reason, we recommend professional installation as the best option when at all possible. While care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained in this web site, Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. Anyone accessing this information does so at their own risk. It will be assumed that access indemnifies Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com from any and all injury or damage arising from such use.
LOCAL LAWS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: Local Laws & Limitation of Liability/Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties. The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer. The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer. In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. Our direct line to the sales departments is 1-888-228-7435, ext 18. We are in Phoenix, AZ and can be reached 8am-5pm. Should you have questions that images would help explain, please email Mike at email@example.com.
*Please note, we do not follow daylight savings time if you are contacting us outside of Arizona.
We try to put as much information as possible within our product pages to help with application choice and the installation process. The business you purchased our product from can be a wealth of information, but should you need additional help and information, please feel free to call or our sales department.
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm Arizona time.
888-228-7435 x18 or 623-581-7600 x18
*Note that Arizona does not follow Daylight Savings Time.
More information in additional browser tab.