The X-Pipe section evens the exhaust pulses with a synchronized crossover in the center section resulting in a deeper, smoother tone. Hand-crafted from the finest T304 stainless steel materials and mandrel bent for a perfect fit. The Billy Boat Corvette X-Pipe provides a smoother transition for the exhaust pulses to blend together for better balancing and scavenging. No emission components are altered with this X pipe and it is emissions legal in all 50 states.
Dyno text here.
In the box text here.
1. Secure vehicle to wheel lift.
2. Remove the four 15mm bolts connecting the mufflers to the H-pipe (2 on each side).
3. Let exhaust hang freely
4. Measure from the bottom of the flange towards the front on each pipe. On the driver side make a mark at 36 ¾”, while on the passenger side make a mark at 38 ¼”. *Note double check your measurements before cutting!
5. Cut both pipes at the marked lines. Be careful of sharp edges.
6. Take the two 13mm bolts holding the stock H-pipe off and remove. Save the bolts as they will be reused.
7. Locate the two new band clamps and slip them over the catalytic converter pipes – do not tighten. Note direction of clamps.
8. Now slip the new BBE X-Pipe over the intermediate pipe assembly with the X-Pipe hanger bracket facing up. Driver and passenger side inlets are labeled.
9. Reuse the center hanger bracket support bolts and lightly tighten.
10. Locate the supplied flange bolts and gaskets in the hardware kit. Insert new gaskets at each flange and using supplied flange bolts, lightly tighten.
11. Slip the new band clamps over X-Pipe and lightly tighten.
12. Before tightening, check to make sure everything is aligned and centered. Then proceed to tighten the new band clamps, flange bolts and center hanger bracket.
13. Fire the car up and take it for a spin around the block making sure there are no rattles.
14. After logging on a few hundred miles re-torque your work.
Tools need for installation: Chain cutter, 9/16” socket, 9/16” wrench, 15mm socket, 13mm socket, black marking pen, socket wrench (3/8” drive), socket wrench extension, tape measure
SAFETY: Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the installation.
VEHICLE SUPPORT WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds. We recommend the use of a shop hoist if possible. Please use caution!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF LIABILITY: While we provide information for do-it-yourself installation of exhaust systems and related items, these operations are not without risk. Injury may occur during an installation or exhaust systems and their components may be damaged in the process. We are not responsible or liable for damages that may be sustained to persons or property during an installation. For this reason, we recommend professional installation as the best option when at all possible. While care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained in this web site, Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. Anyone accessing this information does so at their own risk. It will be assumed that access indemnifies Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com from any and all injury or damage arising from such use.
LOCAL LAWS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: Local Laws & Limitation of Liability/Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties. The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer. The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer. In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. Our direct line to the sales departments is 1-888-228-7435, ext 18. We are in Phoenix, AZ and can be reached 8am-5pm. Should you have questions that images would help explain, please email Mike at email@example.com.
*Please note, we do not follow daylight savings time if you are contacting us outside of Arizona.
We try to put as much information as possible within our product pages to help with application choice and the installation process. The business you purchased our product from can be a wealth of information, but should you need additional help and information, please feel free to call or our sales department.
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm Arizona time.
888-228-7435 x18 or 623-581-7600 x18
*Note that Arizona does not follow Daylight Savings Time.
More information in additional browser tab.