Have more questions? Contact us!
The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act makes it illegal for companies to void your warranty or deny coverage under the warranty simply because you used an aftermarket part. READ MORE…
Download PDF here… FDOM0336
1. Secure your vehicle safely on jack stands to gain access to the underside of your vehicle and open your hood. Disconnect the NEG (-) battery terminal. Disconnecting power from your vehicle may allow the computer to “clear” its memory during installation.
2. Allow some extra time and use Penetrating Oil to soak the downpipe studs/nuts, o2 sensors and slip clamp connection between the downpipe and cat-back sections.
3. Use 15mm socket to remove rear bolts separating the rear of the stock cat pipes to x-pipe.
4. Use 7/8” Wrench or 02 Sensor Socket to remove 02 sensors. Make sure to use a marker to mark on each 02 sensor “F” and “R” indicating front or rear placement. Do this for both pipes.
5. Use 15mm socket to remove upper nuts holding the cat pipes to exhaust manifolds.
6. Remove stock cat pipes and gaskets. Save the stock exhaust donut and reuse during installation
1. Install cat pipe in reverse of removal. Using supplied gasket, install cat pipe fastening the nuts attaching it to the exhaust manifold.
2. Install both 02 sensors in their noted positions that were marked at removal.
3. Reuse stock donut, use 15mm socket to attach rear flange of the cat pipe to the rear exhaust.
4. Reconnect the battery.
SAFETY: Appropriate disassembly, assembly methods and procedures are essential to ensure the personal safety of the individual performing the kit installation. Improper installation due to the failure to correctly follow these instructions could cause personal injury or death. Read each step of the installation manual carefully before starting the installation.
VEHICLE SUPPORT WARNING: Should the purchaser decide to install this exhaust product at home, be warned that car or light duty truck/van “bumper” jacks are intended for emergency use only. The use of frame contact jack stands in conjunction with a floor jack as main support is highly recommended to minimize accidental dropping of a vehicle while the installation proceeds. We recommend the use of a shop hoist if possible. Please use caution!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF LIABILITY: While we provide information for do-it-yourself installation of exhaust systems and related items, these operations are not without risk. Injury may occur during an installation or exhaust systems and their components may be damaged in the process. We are not responsible or liable for damages that may be sustained to persons or property during an installation. For this reason, we recommend professional installation as the best option when at all possible. While care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained in this web site, Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com does not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. Anyone accessing this information does so at their own risk. It will be assumed that access indemnifies Billy Boat Exhaust and BillyBoatExhaust.com from any and all injury or damage arising from such use.
LOCAL LAWS & LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMERS: Local Laws & Limitation of Liability/Disclaimers: The regulation of emissions production, noise levels and safety standards is undertaken by the federal government, each of the fifty state legislatures, and by many local municipalities, towns and counties. The manufacturer makes no warranties of merchantability, of fitness for a particular purpose, or that its products are approved for general use, or that its products comply with laws, regulations or ordinances in the states where they may be sold to the ultimate purchaser, the consumer. The entire risk as to the conformity of this product in any such state and as to repair, should the product prove to be defective or non-conforming, is on the retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer of such product and it is not upon the seller, distributor, or manufacturer. In this connection, retail purchaser, the buyer, the ultimate consumer assumes the burden of the entire cost of any and all necessary service, alterations, and or repair. The foregoing statement limits the liability of the manufacturer.
If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call. Our direct line to the sales departments is 1-888-228-7435, ext 18. We are in Phoenix, AZ and can be reached 8am-5pm. Should you have questions that images would help explain, please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note, we do not follow daylight savings time if you are contacting us outside of Arizona.
We try to put as much information as possible within our product pages to help with application choice and the installation process. The business you purchased our product from can be a wealth of information, but should you need additional help and information, please feel free to call or our sales department.
Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm Arizona time.
888-228-7435 x18 or 623-581-7600 x18
*Note that Arizona does not follow Daylight Savings Time.
More information in additional browser tab.